Chocolate world- International Chocolate Festival 2020
Why is Óbidos Portugal Chocolate Festival celebrated?
King Alfonso IV, father of Pedro was against the forbidden romance of Prince Pedro and Ines, which happened around 14th century. The King ordered Ines to be killed and Prince Pedro launched civil war to avenge Ines.
This whole incident inspired poets and artists to celebrate the romance of Prince Pedro and Ines by sculpting the Chocolate and that’s how the chocolate festival born.
Details of International Chocolate Festival 2020
Venue: Óbidos- Centre of Portugal
Dates: 24th April 2020- 3rd May 2020
Major Highlights of Chocolate Festival 2020
The narrow streets of medieval town will be transformed into chocolates and cake streets, where samples and sculptures will be displayed for purchasing.
Kids Chocolate House is built for recreational activities for kids to enjoy. The houses are provided with mini kitchens where they can make their own recipes.
The grownups have culinary classes with chocolate as a base ingredient and competitions are also conducted for pastry making and the winner is awarded with “Chocolatier of the year.” So what is making you wait? Head over to Chocolate Festival 2020 by grabbing Portugal visa!
Highlights from International Chocolate Festival
- This chocolate festival is celebrated every spring. The streets of Obidos are filled with chocolate sculptures.
- A lot of exhibitions, workshops and cooking session’s chef guides are conducted.
- The theme of 2019 was Sports. Chocolatiers from all around the world had to make the chocolate sculpture within the theme and the best ones were awarded with “Chocolatier of the year.”
- “Casa de Chocolate das Crincas” is a special place dedicated to children for them to make their own chocolate recipe.
- As the theme of 2019 Festival was Sports, many renowned athletes spoke about the balanced diet and lifestyle.
- A special chocolate sculpture was made live by Chef Abner Ivan during 2019 Festival.
Tips on What to do at the International Chocolate Festival 2020
- As many people come to celebrate this festival in large groups, sometimes it difficult to get the tickets. But still there are a lot of chocolate activities that goes around the city; you will not miss any fun!
- There are cobbled alleys in Obidos you can walk through, if you do not want to walk in crowds, on the way to Castle through streets that are deserted and medieval.
- Do not taste most of the chocolate while you’re at demonstrating chocolate makers, but wait patiently until you reach the front crowd, to enjoy best of the chocolate flavors.
- Try cheese chocolate because the combination works really well.
- Do not miss the chocolate fashion show displayed inside the walls of marquee while event is played on a big screen in the main church on the loop.
Doesn’t it sound exciting? Apply for visa for Portugal today & plan your itinerary to International Chocolate Festival 2020. Get ready to have a baggage full of sweet as chocolate memories with family!