Relish Portuguese Delicacies in the 5 Best Restaurants in Lisbon
The resplendent capital city of Portugal offers enthralling castles, exquisite architecture & vibrant nightlife. In addition to that, Portuguese cuisine is world-famous & so are the restaurants in Lisbon, Portugal. Some of the Best Restaurants in Lisbon boast of Michelin-star Chefs such as Alexandre Silva, José Avillez & Henrique Sá Pessoa.
The humble beginnings of Portuguese cuisine can be traced back to its national dish bacalhau or salted cod. However, the changing times & food preferences called for innovations in the restaurant industry. Many renowned chefs took inspiration from Italian & French cuisines. They did this to bring forth a plethora of riveting Portuguese Gastronomical delights.
Lisbon restaurants like Belcanto, Pinóquio & Alma have adopted unique methods to create a fusion of zesty Portuguese dishes for its customers. You can savor a varied selection of mouth-watering delicacies in different restaurants while exploring Lisbon. So, grab a Portugal visa & visit Portugal for a tantalizing experience.
5 Best Restaurants in Lisbon to savor Portuguese Cuisine
Here are 5 hand-picked Best Restaurants in Lisbon for an unforgettable experience of Portuguese cuisine:
Belcanto – One of the Best Restaurants in Lisbon
- Headed by:- José Avillez (Two-Michelin Star)
- Unique Culinary Offerings: Chef’s famous creations – Laid the Golden Eggs & The Garden of Goose, Evolution menu & Lip-smacking wines.
José Avillez is considered as the torch bearer for Portuguese cuisine. His contributions & innovations for Portuguese cuisine have placed Belcanto in the “World’s 50 Best Restaurants” list. You can savor a rich varities of Portuguese culinary delights. In addition to that, Belcanto boasts of an exotic selection of wines that include 350 references. Apply for portugal visa & delve into the rich legacy of Portuguese cuisine at Belcanto.
Alma – One of the Best Places To Eat in Lisbon
- Headed by:- Henrique Sá Pessoa (Two-Michelin Star)
- Gastronomical delights:- A wide variety of Seafood, the famous charred red peppers in red pepper coulis, exotic appetizers, delicious pork dishes & tasty pastries.
Henrique Sá Pessoa has a knack of curating exotic Portuguese dishes with the finest details. His friendly persona might not reveal his culinary expertise but the gastronomical delights that he offers will surely leave a long lasting impression on his customers.
Loco – One of the popular Lisbon Restaurants
- Headed by:- Alexandre Silva (Michelin-Star & Portuguese Top Chef Winner,2012 edition)
- Exotic Portuguese Dishes:- Everchanging tasting menu – 17 moments & delicious wines.
The gorgeous Loco restaurant boasts of a 22-seat dining room with a huge open central kitchen. The alluring presenation of Micro seasonal tasting menus will surely capture your imagination & tantalize your taste buds. You can try their other offerings like 14 or 18 moments with a fine selection of wines.
Eleven – One of the Must-try Best Restaurants in Lisbon
- Headed by:- Joachim Korper (Michelin-Star)
- Delicious Portuguese Dishes: Tasting dishes like Lavagante & Lobster Menu, Meat & Fish-based seasonal dishes, Fine starters and much more.
The Head chef of Eleven – Joachim Korper has always stood by seasonality. The beguiling menu gets a wonderful makeover with every changing season. You can try out their unique tasting menus like like the Eleven & Lisbon Menu, Seasonal Vegetarian Menu. Savor mouth-watering desserts like Lisbon’s sidewalk, Bienenstich & Black Truffle Menu. Relish a spell-binding lunch or dinner with loved ones.
Sala de Corte – An Exotic Lisbon Restaurant
- Headed by:- Luís Gaspar (Portugal’s ‘Chef of the year’ & ‘Most Promising Chef’,2017)
- Alluring Portuguese offerings: Visit the cut room for various meat based delicacies, side dishes & desserts.
Sala de Corte is considered as one of the best Steakhouses of Lisbon. Savor a variety of culinary delights including his signature 6 cut meat based dish (T-bone, porterhouse, entrecote & others). Other dishes include The Chef’s Steak Tartare, mouth-watering starters & beef dishes. Visit Sala de Corte for a riveting experience of Portuguese cuisine.
These are the 5 Best Restaurants in Lisbon to relish the best of Portuguese cuisine. You can always try out other restaurants & road-side cafes to munch on snacks or other traditional Portuguese dishes. So, what are you waiting for? Get a Visa for Portugal & Embark on a journey to Portugal for an memorable Culinary Experience.